Do you want to know what highly sensitive person traits or characteristics are? This article will help you further!
Are you tired quickly or is your head ‘full’ of something? Do you suffer from other people’s opinions? This can be due to high sensitivity.
Approximately 1 in 5 people is a highly sensitive person (HSP). With this HSP test you can find out whether you are highly sensitive. Highly sensitive people are (unconsciously) extra open to stimuli and impressions: they can experience stimuli more intensely compared to non-HSP. Being high-sensitivity has many advantages, so HSP can enjoy their life intensely.
However, if you still do not control your high-sensitivity properly, this can lead to many complaints and disadvantages. For example, if you have received too many stimuli and become over-stimulated, you may experience a lot of annoyance. Long-term examples are (chronic) fatigue or a burn-out. If you become over-stimulated, it is easier to perceive negative energy, which can lead you into a vicious circle. It is then often difficult to gain insight into yourself and to break through this…
However, high sensitivity doesn’t have to make you tired. You can also develop qualities that belong to high sensitivity and be productive! If you develop more insight into your qualities and pitfalls, you can adjust your thought and/or life pattern, so that you experience more energy and are more productive.
Highly sensitive person traits
Below you find 5 important highly sensitive person traits or characteristics that can be part of high sensitivity; qualities as well as possible disadvantages if you do not yet optimally control your high sensitivity.
The characteristics and traits of high sensitivity vary from person to person. You can apply the traits and characteristics to both adults and children.
Highly sensitivity symptoms or characteristics
Note: the following high-sensitivity traits or characteristics are sometimes called ‘high-sensitivity symptoms’. This term is incorrect, because a symptom always represents a phenomenon or characteristic of a disease. High sensitivity is not a disease, but a wonderful quality if you manage it well!
HSP trait 1: You have a preference for….
- Silence and rest
- Art and beauty
- Justice and respect
- Deeper things, like your vocation
- Many things; you have a broad interest
HSP trait 2: You behave in a specific way:
- You are creative
- You are conscientious
- You are a perfectionist
- You function best at your own pace. If you have not yet mastered your high-sensitivity, you do not like it when you are observed; it may make you nervous.
- You learn fast
- You are cautious because you can see the consequences quickly
- In your work quality and satisfaction are just as important as salary
HSP trait 3. You register in a specific way:
- You have an eye for details
- Your senses are sharper
- You experience a sensitivity to paranormal matters such as light beings or entities
- You experience that you are sensitive to stimuli such as pain
- You experience strong emotions
HSP trait 4. In your relationship with other people:
- You can feel very responsible. If you don’t control your high sensitivity yet, you can lose yourself in this and eliminate yourself.
- You can empathize with others and perceive what others need.
- You can feel the atmospheres and moods of others well. Through these points you can help others easily and quickly.
- You can be touched by heartfelt remarks. If you have not yet mastered your high-sensitivity, unfriendly remarks can quickly upset you.
HSP trait 5: You have a special inner experience:
You experience a rich inner world.
If you don’t control your high sensitivity yet, you can experience:
- Difficulty to stick to your own energy (you can feel you are like a “sponge” or chameleon) and therefore you can;
– involve / take over the emotions of others on yourself
– easily overloaded in an environment with many impressions (e.g. by people and/or sounds) and feeling tired or empty
– quickly suffer from stress symptoms
– experience frequent mood swings
– experience a sensitivity to addictions or depression
- You need a lot of time to recover from impressions/events (you like it to be alone)
- That you don’t always feel understood and therefore bother about whether or not you withdraw.
- Your sensitivity lowers your self-esteem, which can go hand in hand with embarrassment.
Which highly sensitive person traits do you recognize yourself in?
Share it in the comments!
Maybe you would also like to read:
In my help you will discover how you control high sensitivity and use it as a power, so that you get energy from it instead of being bothered by it. Click here for more information about my help and how you can participate!
About Femke de Grijs
I suffered from chronic fatigue for many years. When I discovered that I am highly sensitive & learned to control this, a world opened up for me.
As an experience expert in the field of high sensitivity and chronic fatigue, I am specialized in guiding higher high-sensitivity women who suffer from fatigue. I teach them how to be more energetic and productive, from a holistic perspective.
With my intuition I developed unique success formulas that help you to overcome energy-consuming blockages and become more energetic.
I like to share these success formulas with you!
Maybe you would also like to read:
- HSP test: are you a highly sensitive person?
- Who are Ascended Masters?
- Bosnian Pyramids Wiki: all you need to know about it!
- Atlantis: what can you do with it as a HSP? 5 tips!
- Are you a New Age Child? 23 Characteristics
Do you want to feel alive as a HSP?
Add your name and email address below, press on the green button ‘Download immediately’ and receive our free tips to feel alive!
Bedankt voor je inschrijving!
Klik op de link in de bevestigingsmail om je aanmelding te voltooien.