A lightworker is a person who lives from light and unconditional love and shares it. The consciousness on earth can thus be expanded to an even more loving and ‘spacious’ consciousness. This loving energy is also associated with the Aquarian Age and the New Age. A lightworker can therefore sometimes also be called New Age Child or human.
The term lightworker implies that there are also ‘darkworkers’. Although there may be people creating from an intention that is not light (from love) but dark (from fear), our core is always love. Anyone can become/be a lightworker.
Lightworker gifts and characteristics
Below are some characteristics that may belong to a lightworker; these may vary from person to person.
- Feel drawn to spirituality and other ‘non-earthly’ dimensions.
- Have an interest in light beings (like Ascended Masters)
- May have psychic perceptions.
- Like to act from intuition (rather than reason).
- May have had past lives related to spirituality and/or religion. For example: lives at the time of ancient civilisations such as Ancient Egypt, the Mayans or Atlantis and/or lives as a ‘witch’, priest(s), or nun/monk or lives on other planets/in other cosmoses. If a previous life in which spirituality/religion was central to ended (e.g. due to persecution) and energetically is not yet well-rounded, there may be fear in the present life of working with/coming out for spiritual matters.
- Can be highly sensitive and recognise yourself in these highly sensitive persons traits such as: being idealistic, empathising well with another person and being sensitive to stimuli. If you have not yet mastered your high sensitivity, you may take over another person’s energy, lose yourself in helping others (and take yourself away) or not have both feet on the ground. HSP may then isolate themselves.
- Love animals and nature.
- Want to be of service and help others. Possibly likes alternative care, such as healing.
- Feel ‘different’.
- Do things individually.
- Have an old soul.
- Don’t like authority, especially Indigo people have this.
If a lightworker is not yet balanced, this can lead to feelings of misunderstanding and not feeling recognised, loneliness, insecurity or depression, among others.
“Am I a lightworker?” Can you test if you work with light?
There is no science-based test to examine whether you are a lightworker. Essentially, anyone can be a lightworker, if you choose to. You will then recognise yourself in the above lightworker characteristics.
Life itself offers you ‘training’ to be a lightworker. Other people you meet on earth can help you with this (unsolicited and solicited). Just think of some earthly trainings or courses that support the process on a professional level to work even more consciously from light. You can strengthen and share your light this way. This may be called a ‘Lightworker Training’ or something similar, but it could also be, for example, a course in which you learn to work with energetic tools so you can let your light shine further, or a course in which you learn to master your high sensitivity.
Discover who you essentially are and what your qualities are. Let your light shine. This gives energy!
Do you want to know more/can we help you?
You are welcome to contact us.
About Femke de Grijs and Mathijs van der Beek
We are Femke and Mathijs: a Dutch couple and we are both highly sensitive and highly intuitive/paranormal. We feel a non-physical presence beyond the visible site and we are very interested in spirituality and sacred places.
At a moment we felt like there was more in life than our comfort-zone in The Netherlands. We followed our hearts. We sold our house in The Netherlands. We disposed of almost all our stuff and we live like digital nomads. We travel the world since 2017 with our dog Juultje (born in 2022) and we go wherever we want.
While we are traveling we are also helping highly sensitive and paranormal persons to discover their divine calling and soul purpose and live it, so they can feel alive too.